Tuesday 20 August 2013

Scouting Rawlinswood.

I've left most things at Inn (some are in Cerulean Headquarters too) and went little deeper into Rawlinswood than usual, scouting. Found much more numerous and much better trained goblins. If i didn't use 'Invisibility' spell properly, i would be dead.

I managed to find some stray forces and kill few. Most notable was Goblin Assassin (i found nicely balanced shortsword which i will sell), but also Goblin Archer, Goblin Caster and Goblin Elite, as narfell veterans sometimes label them.

Goblin Assassins hide, waiting for scouts to appear and are attracted to fighting sounds. If i engage myself first, they will suprise me and kill. It's called 'Bait & Shadow' tactics. But i can use Shelgarn's Dagger to lure them out then kill. I hope it will be enough and work, for sometimes they are smarter than expected. These shortswords are not worth the risk for me, but if i wished for more coins i'd take my panther familiar, Nade, to lizardmen caverns near Oscura. Or better yet, help Peltarch against recent Orc troubles.

Deeper Rawlinswood seems easy, but can be deadly.

Scouting Rawlinswood. photo DeeperintoRawlinswood_zpscb0999d2.gif

Chea's stalking countered by Goblin Assassin, but she did survive this time.