Friday 22 June 2018

Hunter Hunted (Frances' Tale).

... i've been trying my combat prowess against giants, while shadow mastiff kept them engaged in melee.

With moderate success at first, killed one giant and a manticore with my flaming arrows ... but was left seriously wounded by spikes shot from manticore's tail.

Retreated to nearby sandy cove and meditated to regain spells, used many of my light healing potions.

...

A while later, joined in party with a new adventurer, ranger Keerla and we killed a few more.

...

But this was not enough for me, i went there alone again.

Invisibly went deep into their territory, found one isolated giant.

Summoned a shadow mastiff, cast haste spells and opened fire.

This time giant was smart, as he ignored my mastiff and went straight to attack me.

Tried to flee, tripped, got hit few times by glancing blows of giant's club.

It hurt.

Then stood up, and started to flee - but lost direction and went wrong way into more of opposition - another giant and manticore.

Turned back, tried to flee past giant that was pursuing me ... got another glancing blow, and got hit by manitcore's spikes.

Really badly wounded continued to flee, then another manticore stood on my way.

It's spikes shot me unconscious and bleeding.

...

Somehow, perhaps it was my survival instinct, i regained consciousness in a puddle of blood.

As monsters were busy with themselves, quickly continued fleeing, hodling my stomach as it bled.

Then stopped to cast invisibility and limped quiclly to Peltarch's safety of Dancing Mermaid Inn where i collapsed on a floor of dormitory.

After a time of rest, i wrote this ... i still feel from my wounds, it will take me a while to recover.

i should not try to go so deep into their territory, and i should send my mastiff to attack giant first, before losing invisibility and shooting.

-- Frances, a badly wounded Archer-Witch.




Fight.




Unconscious.

- SPLAT -




Fleeing.


No comments:

Post a Comment