Monday 25 June 2018

Defeat is Not Enough (Frances' Tale).

... i've felt defeated after my last encounter with Giants.

After recovery decided to visit them again, and to play smarter.

Went at border of their territory, enspelled myself to increase my combat aptitude.

Invisibly scouted perimeter, with my shadow mastiff still visible, following me.

Noticed a isolated Hill Giant, cast haste on my dog and on myself and ordered dog to attack, with intent of using mastiff as a shield - so i can shoot safely.

When Giant was engaged in melee, started shooting my flaming arrows.

Fight lasted a while, as giants are tough - one arrow won't kill them so easily.

Finally Giant fell, leaving my dog almost defeated.

Looted 18 gold pieces and two of cure moderate wound potions from Giant's corpse, and left the area.

Now i live with a feeling of victory, not defeat.

-- Frances, a Giant-Slaying Adventuress.


P.S. it is rumoured that dwarven warriors of old times fought giants while being naked, without armour or clothing, only with their great dwarven axes.

P.S.S. Invisibility spells cease to function when i start shooting or doing any hasty or aggressive action.




Hill Giant Noticed.




Fight.




... a Hill Giant's Corpse.


No comments:

Post a Comment