Friday 3 January 2014

- Night is Oscura - (fragment from Frances' Journal).

'- Night in Oscura -

Wretched incompetent slave thought that he can serve me. I tested him. We went to Lizard men, he died, i managed to run away. His incompetence costed me some of my sanity and precious resources, but then i had my revenge and got his gear. I had to use them, my father would be very disappointed if i died. It was close, several times.

I will talk to them if they come for his gear.

I recovered what was lost, said prayers and mantras.

His equipment is mine, i earned it. I will probably sell this, except one thing - claw.

Worst of it was that i had to avenge him. But in reality i did protect him.

- Travel -

I wore victory robe, sword drawn in hand, i ran past snakes to Norwick.

- Day in Rawlinswood -

I was lost there. Goblins swarmed me. It didn't help that i shouted away. Loud clear message made them swarm me even more. I used even more resources. It was shock. I lived and felt that someone helped me somehow, as they started to run away at some point.

"Whoever you are, thank you"

Without thinking i continued and found a man lost in wood, sinking in mire. I was shocked he wasn't saying anything. I told him and had to repeat this louder that he should take my hand. He did and i pulled him away. He was free. We talked about brave man that died in oscura, brave but stupid... He was avenged, but won't return... he wasn't happy here. I have his gear, i will use it, i owe him this. He's now in more fitting place, fugue is but a transition to other planes.

I felt better helping one man and talking about death of another man.

He said.. that he's glad that i recovered some of my old self that i helped him. But in truth... i never lost it. All i lost was pity.. And I got much more.

We parted, alone i sat a while and cried silently.'