Sunday 22 December 2013

Never travel with unknown Half-Orcs (Anheim's Tale).

Half-Orc party. photo half-orc-party_zps196b9a37.png

Half-Orc party.



I've been searching for troubles lately, not so hard to find in these lands.

First kobold swamps, then boat to Norwick and straight to the Jiyyd battlefield, it's where unscrupulous types can be found often.

This time it was two half-orcs, but perhaps i've misjudged them.

I've decided to travel with them once they stated they wish to fight demons.

Trip was short, few demons defeated, but i took 'all the blows'.

Combat very quick and uneven, with two demon-spawns focusing on me.

Unable to deflect their swift and powerful energy-line cutting blows well, due to my lack of true skill in combat and improper weapon for the task, it was matter of seconds.

Half-orcs defeated demons somehow, one of them healing me while i drank quickly most of my potions (all i thought i had). I wasn't sure if i'll live for life's energy leaked faster than potions and spells could heal at times, as i lost the sight of combat due to speed and power of this weapon/energy demonic assault. In the end amount and strength of potions proved sufficient. Still, it was my life that was at risk for next to nothing. I left, drinking rest of potions just in case. Not a single vial remaining to save someone's life again.

Perhaps Chea is right, perhaps fighting demons this way is dangerous and pointless.

We've met (with half-orcs) once again by Shady Varr's Wagon where female half-orc said she can heal if i wish, instead. Still we didn't exchange names even.

Perhaps next time.

I won't go as far as to accuse them of a subtle murder intent to steal my weapons and goods, but for now i'll sleep at the temple of Kelemvor (god of Death) near Shady's Wagon. Until wounds are healed.

.... and think about her way of fighting such threats ....

-- Anheim.


Demon Spawn Cave. photo demon-spawn-killed_zps907c1e67.png

Demon Spawn Cave.


Shady's Wagon. photo shady_wagon_zps65af555d.png

Shady Wagon.


Shrine to Kelemvor. photo shrine_kelemvor_zpsd832edc4.png

Shrine to Kelemvor's infirmary.