Sunday 28 July 2013

Patrol.

 photo chea_patrol_zps1c796ea6.png

Swamp's entrance.


I've took up on patrols again after all these years. Without Nade, my panther familiar. She was still upset at me, after i've hurt her with a misplaced spell.

I've cast defensive spells, summoned Shelgarn's Persistent Blade, then entered swamp with readied weapon.

I was too carefree for they decided to not give me chance.

Two well trained Kobold Fanatics and one more, less trained were their welcoming committee. I've used hold spell which failed, then three Phantasmal Killer spells - two last succeeded. Shelgarn's blade held two of them (Fanatic and Rookie, not sure of what kind), and killed thrid (Rookie). Went back, for in this overcarefree, noncombat mindset it was asking for death.

I've found two cheap gems, and two terrible tasting potions. Not much, but enough to pay for inn to recover fully.

Summary:

Next time i should prepare mentally before combat, cast ALL defensive spells, go into enemy land invisible in case of such ambush, and still without Nade (She's scout who prefers to work alone while i watch through her eyes. She's not a fighter). It's too risky for her and for me. But still, i should go with a team.