Friday 28 April 2017

Death's Reminiscence & Affirmations (Anheim's Tale).

A while ago something happened that i didn't mention as of yet.

i was foolish enough to adventure with adventurers who were largely unknown by locals.

They fought well together, but cared nothing of others who were with them.

During a fight with Bugbear - i think it was Berzerker Bugbear - they let him slip and reach me, i died & ended up in a fugue plane.

They cared not to pay for Raise Dead spell, nor to carry my body to the local Temple for that.

i spent a while in Land of Mists, in Fugue Plane - slowly sinking into oblivion, in losing interrest to return.

After unknown time (later i learned it was months) - i heard a faint voice:

'Brave Warrior of Tempus, heed the call of thy God. Return to life, think of those whom You left in the Mortal Realms'.


A faint thought of the woman i love, of Chea Allin appeared ... my soul followed the guiding light that appeared before me.

After a while i was again in my body, awakening in the Temple of Tempus near Peltarch.

There was an unknown cleric of my faith, explaining that he saw Tempus' insignia on my body, that he found my frozen body under ice in the Bugbear Caves - and asked if i died honourably.

i barely remembered anything at this moment, save for fighting with Bugbear.

He said i owe him nothing for the raise, except that he wills me to praise the Tempus, to spread the word about our God's Glory.

i agreed & left, my equipment was still with me - but gold was lost.

Then my meditations, thinking and a decision to simplify my Way to Yogic meditation & Martial Arts occured.


...

i feel stronger now, i feel i can make the difference when Chea or our friends are endangered.

Chea is really skilled with her magic - i'll leave casting spells for her, focusing on Martial Arts & Meditation instead.

She can cast Mage Armour, Endure Elements, Cat's Grace, Owl's Wisdom, Improved Invisibility & more. Together we are strong force against most of threats. i can fight enemies, stun or trip them them with my Martial Art skills while Chea saves her magickal energies for tougher opponents, or Holds them immobile, or attack with Illusions or Fire.

Both Chea as well as i can sneak, none of us easily seen or heard by most of enemies.

She also mentioned that if Frances Darkhaven joins our party, we'll have her fine bow & arrows, a spell-enhanced Shadow Mastiff to engage more enemies in melee, Magic Missles & Fireballs to damage enemies & disperse their formations, Haste for our spell-casting, archery & melee combat, Eagle's Splendour for Chea & perhaps Frances too, Bull's Strength for Frances & me, as well as Flame Weapon on my gauntlets & Frances' arrows.

i can also stall the fight with defensive expertise, so they can shoot & cast, so our enemies' enhancement spells wear off with time.

...

i feel needed again, it's good to be alive.

... and i won't trust adventurers with unknown reputation ever again - consequences are too dire.

-- Anheim, Yogin & a Martial Artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment